Go to: => TOP Page; ROAD MAP; Search Page; What's New? Page; Emmaus Ministries Page
See #2 - Price of Illegal Immigrants below
[COMMENT: So far as I know, these are accurate factual statements. The arguments for compassion and love are beside the mark. Both compassion and love are required by our Christian faith. But stupidity is not. Allowing people into America who will destroy the very things they come for is not compassion or love.
If Americans had any sense, they would be insisting on changes in Mexico so that these poor could indeed find the good life (at least physically and economically) of which their very rich nation is capable. If you give a man a fish, you feed him one day. If you teach him how to fish, you feed him for life. That is the compassionate and Christian way. See the IMMIGRATION GUMBALLS presentation for more facts.
Make that 15 reasons in the title. According to email #2 below, illegal immigrants kill 13 persons on average every day on our highways. That comes to over 4700 per year. How does that compare with our casualties in Iraq? Where is the more dangerous war? Here or in the Near East?
On Sunday, August 5, I and several family members were coming back from the Pacific beach north of Malibu, California, to Los Angeles to my oldest son's apartment. We had turned off the coastal road onto Malibu Canyon Road, a two-lane road winding through a deep canyon with steep walls on the sides of the road. At one point, my oldest son was driving about 4 cars ahead of myself and my second son. With him were his wife and child, and my second son's wife and two children. A steep canyon wall was on our left right at the edge of the road. Just as my oldest son's car was about to pass a small parking lot on the left side, a car darted out of the lot right in front of him, crossed the highway, spun around in a perfect U-turn, crossed the road again, and smashed into the canyon wall. By the grace of God, no other cars were hit, despite fairly heavy traffic. We pulled over. The two in the smashed car stumbled out. They were able to walk. I asked the passenger if he had hit his head (the driver side airbag had deployed, but not on the passenger side). He seemed to shake his head, "no". He was unable to speak English. My second son asked him in Spanish. He was unable to respond intelligibly. Same was true of the driver. They appeared to be drunk.
Were they illegal immigrants? Were they another one of the statistics of the many such immigrants who cause accidents and deaths on American highways? The circumstances certainly suggest so. Any one of the cars on the highway could have been hit and people killed. I could have lost any of the following: a son, two daughters-in-law, three grandchildren, all in my son's car.
One must be loving and caring toward all persons, even our enemies. But love is tough, and does not put up with pampering and manipulation and irresponsibility. Love means the way of the cross -- and teaching it to others as well. The way of the cross is the way to life. It means choosing for truth, righteousness, and love no matter the cost to oneself.
Read these two articles below..... And thank God for the Minutemen.
See Illegal Immigration For readers that might want to take action, go to Michelle Malkinís web site: deportthemnow.com and John Vizziís victimsofillegaliens.org and usillegalaliens.com. E. Fox]
Hope these 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read by the majority of Americans. Then they will have something to yell at their U.S. Congress members.
14 Reasons to Deport Illegal Aliens...
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year. http://tinyurl.com/zob77
2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens. http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html
3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens. http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html
4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English! http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers. http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html
9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime p roblem in the United States http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt.01.html
11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroine and marijuana, crossed into the U. S. from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht
12. The National Policy Institute, "estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period." http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf
13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin. http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm
14. "The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States ". http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml
So using the LOWEST estimates, the annual cost OF ILLEGAL ALIENS is $338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR! So if deporting them costs between $206 and $230 BILLION DOLLARS, if we send them home, we'll be ahead after the 1st year!!!
Please pass this on. Americans need to wake up!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *